Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2007 won't install.

• Please log in to reply

Martyn*

Martyn*

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Three days ago, I went out and bought Office 2007 for my college course. I have windows Vista Home Premium.

8 mins into the installation an error code appears and the installer rolls back...some part or component has installed but I can't remove it.

The error code is 1935.

I was told by numerous tech forums that this was a .Netframework error, or perhaps, a windows installer error, and that I needed to repair or uninstall Netframework.

However, I could neither uninstall nor repair framework 2.0.

Instead I reinstalled 2.0 and rebooted. It made no difference.

So I installed Framework 3.5, rebooted and attempted to install Office 2007. The problem remained.

So I disabled windows installer. No difference.

So I don't quite know where to turn now, short of doing a full complete windows format. I don't have the original installation CD for that.

So I am guessing that there must be some way of by-passing this problem.

Any suggestions?

Some extra information:

Description:
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 setup did not complete successfully. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: Office12Setup
Problem Signature 01: {90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Problem Signature 02: 12.0.4518.1014
Problem Signature 03: PublishProduct
Problem Signature 04: 1603
Problem Signature 05: 0x1935
Problem Signature 06: Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {D825F1F0-87AB-11D5-A54F-0090278A1BB8
Problem Signature 07: X
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033

Edited by Martyn*, 24 September 2010 - 04:16 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
D825F1F0-87AB-11D5-A54F-0090278A1BB8 is an SQL Server component. Nothing to do with .Net.

This usually means it's been installed with something else at some point in the past and is now stuck.

Use this to hopefully get shot of it (and any other entries to SQL) and then Office installation should work:
http://majorgeeks.co...lity_d4459.html

Martyn*

Martyn*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

D825F1F0-87AB-11D5-A54F-0090278A1BB8 is an SQL Server component. Nothing to do with .Net.

This usually means it's been installed with something else at some point in the past and is now stuck.

Use this to hopefully get shot of it (and any other entries to SQL) and then Office installation should work:
http://majorgeeks.co...lity_d4459.html

Thanks for the link! I hoped it would work. I downloaded the Cleanup utility and ran it. I deleted some items which I thought might be the problem, inclduing a SQL entry. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I still get a 1935 error, but this time, a 1913 error as well.

The 1913 error is a win.ini update error. I have no idea what that is. It tells me that I need to verify that the file exists (?), and that I may need permissions to update it (?).

I have added a sniptool attachment to show what items I didn't remove using the cleanup utility.

Perhaps I haven't removed the problem?

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.JPG

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Your screenshot seems to suggest you have a portion of Office already installed, Outlook.

If you're not using it at the moment, try this, as this will rip the entire lot out:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

Martyn*

Martyn*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
It's okay now. I don't have to worry about Vista and Office 07 anymore. I've formated my comp' with windows 7 and now have Office 2007.

But no Frontpage... :D

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
No great loss.