Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshia Laptop screen replacements

• Please log in to reply

sometime321

sometime321

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello, I'm new to this site and i have a problem.

basically i accidentally stepped on my laptop and the screen cracked internally.

i ordered a new laptop screen, but its for the Toshiba L500.
I'm just wondering if it will fit my laptop which is the Toshiba C650.

both laptop screens are of the same size, resolution, both are WXGA.
the one i ordered is LCD but my laptops uses TFT.

i don't know what most of these things mean but i did some research and this is all i found out.

please don't ask why i didn't just order one for my C650 rather than for the L500.

so, if you know, will the screen i ordered fit my laptop and will it be compatible? (its currently in the mail)

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Okay, I won't ask why, but I do wonder.

Note that both notebooks use "TFT LCD displays". TFT (thin film transistors) are used to align the liquid crystals in the display. So the technologies appear to be the same as confirmed by the data sheets of the L500 and C650/655 where you will note both use a 15.6” diagonal widescreen TruBrite® TFT LCD display at 1366x768 native resolution (HD). So that "suggests" to me the screen will be electronically compatible. And since both are 15.6", the physical dimensions are likely the same. But, whether it mounts the same (ie, uses same brackets, screw spacing, notches and alignment keys) is something I can't tell.

My "guess", by looking at the pictures and specs, is you are alright.

Let us know how it turns out.