Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SQL error message

• Please log in to reply

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Seemingly since I installed MSOffice on my desktop PC, I have had SQL problems in this error message with a corresponding loud thump when I bootup. Very disconcerting.

SQL file has been tampered with or is corrupted.

I uninstalled MSOffice thinking that would handle the problem, but it did not so evidently MSOffice is not the culprit. Have been advised to uninstall/reinstall SQL server file which I found in the services area. Hesitate to do that since I am flying blind here and really do not know exactly what is going on not being technicall oriented re PCs. Can advise?

Computer Stats:

AMD Phenon II X4 955 3.s Ghz 6MB Cache FSB 4000MHz
GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 (AMD 870, 6xSATA2
Windows XP Home Edition

do you need more?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
SQL comes down with a select few programs so it's clearly been installed with something else on the machine.
What else is on the machine?

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I think it would be easier to start working on this problem if I knew the few select programs that SQL comes with then try to list all the programs on my PC. I have so many unless you could narrow down the types that SQL comes with.