Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual Sizes?

• Please log in to reply

Crash&Turn

Crash&Turn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm no expert of computers or technology. So I need to ask a question about monitors.

I would like to buy another monitor, and connect it to my current one to have dual-monitors. Does the other monitor have to be the same size? Like, the EXACT same size?

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
The monitors used for multi-monitor can be different types (LCD or CRT) and sizes.

Just make sure your video card supports dual monitor and also see if your connectors are compatible (VGA, DVI, HDMI) to the monitor you buy (even if adapters exists)

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Agreed, the two monitors can be totally different, and they are for most people when they first decide to move to dual-monitors. But be warned, eventually you will want two big monitors so upgrading will cost double! :D I've had a dual monitor setup for several years now and can't imagine living with just one. I struggle whenever I have to use my notebook with just one. Now I have 2 22" Samsungs.

I would recommend UltraMon, by far, the best multi-monitor management utility. It's not free but still worth it.