Please help. Thanks,
Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:04 AM
Please help. Thanks,
Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:16 PM
It may well be worth you printing/saving the instructions throughout the fix, so you have them to hand just incase you are unable to access this site.
- I am currently in training, so my replies will need to be quickly checked before I post them to you, so there may be a small delay in between.
- Remember to post your logs, not attach them. So, any logs from any programs we run, should be just 'copied & pasted' into your reply.
- Please only run the tools that I request. I know malware can be frustrating but running other tools in the meantime and between posts, only makes it harder for us to analyse and fix your PC in the long run.
OK, lets start
Lets try the following to see if these will run and produce some logs for us
Please follow the steps below...
Note: If using Firefox right-click on any download links and choose Save As
Please download OTH to your desktop
Please download OTL to your desktop
Please download the attached file Scan.txt to your desktop
scan.txt 2.06KB 59 downloads
Double click the OTH file to run it and click Kill All Processes, your desktop will go blank.
Then select Start OTL. OTL will now run
- Double-click on the Custom Scans box and a message box will popup asking if you want to load a custom scan from a file
Select Scan.txt that you downloaded
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Click the Internet Explorer button, post these logs in your Virus Removal topic.
GMER Rootkit Scanner
- GMER Rootkit Scanner - Download - Homepage
- Download GMER
- Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
- Double click GMER.exe.
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a full scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan..
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are UNCHECKED ...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
Click the image to enlarge it
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt"
- Save the log where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
Please copy and paste the report into your Post.
In your next reply
Please post the contents of...
Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:45 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users