Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Are these viruses?

• Please log in to reply

tofu5

tofu5

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
My husband and I(and others) received two separate emails from his brother, with the link www.cuzq.goodmedx.com and www.afjb.abouthealthc.com. There was no Subject listed and nothing in the email except the link. As the brother is very seriously ill with stage 4 throat cancer, my husband thought this was a related health link and clicked on the link. He got a notice saying this was not a good link, so he deleted the email and I did not click on either link sent to me. We told the brother that he may have a vrius and explained how a virus can get in your address book. He said his computer had not been turned on all morning so how could the emails have been sent if the computer was not on? So I suppose that is my question. #1-are they viruses, and #2- does your computer have to be turned on for emails to be sent from your address? Though I suppose the 2nd question is moot, as they were sent and he knows the computer was not on.
Thank you.

Nancy

Advertisements