Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Graphics card performing slow

• Please log in to reply

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I recently been experiencing some slow-downs with my graphics card. It is an ati radeon 4670 hd ddr3. The first thing I did was that I decided to upgrade to the latest driver. So, I had 10.6 and I wanted to upgrade to 10.9. When i upgraded, everything was fine except the catalyst control center wouldn't work. So i uninstalled the ati drivers using the add or remove program and the device manager to remove it completely. I still had my 10.6 driver so I re-installed it. What was weird was that it said there were some errors while installing. I don't know what the errors were but the ccc was working well. Ever since then, my graphics card was acting slow. I played Rumble Fighter and it seemed way slower than before. I played Runescape and it seemed way slower than before too. I really don't know what the problem is. So if anyone will be kindly enough to help me.

System Specs:
AMD athlon™ 2 X3 435
2.90 GHz, 2 GB of ram
ATI Radeon HD 1GB 4670 DDR3
Windows Xp pro
127GB Hard Drive

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
Just the fact you get an error message when installing your driver should point you to it being the issue.

Uninstall your present drivers and Control center and use a program like DriverSweeper to completely get rid of all leftover ATI drivers and reinstall your drivers.

Hope this will help

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
BUMP

Waiting until a tech comes to say the above post is helpful for me or until they give me their advice. ^^

aznboi2o9

aznboi2o9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
BUMP