Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

opening a port

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Hi I'm setup with windows XP ser pack 3. using its firewall for now. AVG 9 free anti virus.
cable Road runner, Motem Webstar. router 1 RT31P2 router 2 WRT54G. my Motem is wired to the RT31P2 its ip is set to from that It goes to this machine that needs the open port.
ipconfig tells me my ip is
So in the games and apps port forwarding Ive named... Opensim as the APP then start 9000 stop 9000 protocol both and it enabled.
as far as i know this should port forward to open this port. ive setup the windows firewall to aloow to port and have shutdown this firewall to check the port to see if it open. even gone to port forwarding.com and tried the app to forward the port, still PFPortChecker can't reach it.
So what have i missed here?