Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

desktop icons

• Please log in to reply

maryjs1

maryjs1

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
hi gtg's
thanks for the help with the sys.ini! I am having a problem with resizing the pixels. everytime i right click on the desktop and change them to make them smaller, and then restart the pc....they come back huge again ....this makes reading the internet font almost impossible since everything is huge. they were small b4 and i have never had this problem with changing them.
thx
mary

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go! :tazz: I'm kool808 and I will be helping you today.

Let us first try these test to determine if it is Windows Settings related or could be a malicious program.

STEP 1
  • Right-Click on the Desktop
  • Go to Appearance Tab
  • Under Schemes, select Windows Standard (Note: under Items, Desktop should be selected).
  • confirm with OK
If it doesn't correct it:
STEP 2
  • Right-Click on the Desktop
  • Go to Effects Tab
  • under Visual Effects, uncheck the box Use Large Icons
  • confirm with OK
If it doesn't correct it:
STEP 3
First, I need you to read and follow the instructions HERE.

Then we'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log HijackThis Log <username> - Please Diagnose as a new topic in the HijackThis Forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.