Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Skype - No one can hear me!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help! I'm completely useless at computers but I installed Skype, I can dial people up and can hear them but they can't hear me!!

I have a fairly new Dell Inspiron and never had this problem with my old notebook.

Any advice would be gratefully received!!

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
need some more info what is the model number?
are you using a headset?
what operating system are you running?

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi, Blithers :D

I use skype a lot myself... It sounds like it could be a problem with your microphone.
Did the Echo/ Sound Test that you did in the start work?

Also, on your Skype window at the top, click on help and then choose Call Quality Guide.
A new Window will open.
Then choose the section Problems Hearing Each Other.
Follow the instructions to pinpoint if it actually is your microphone.

Another way to make sure that your Microphone is working is to use your voice recorder.
To do that go to START>All Programs>Accessories>Sound Recorder.
Start recording yourself and then play it back to yourself...if you can hear yourself then your microphone is working fine...it is most likely a problem on the other persons line.

Have a check on these things and let me know. ;)