Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help? How to install missing ".dll"?

• Please log in to reply

Alias775

Alias775

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi you great guys!

I've spent the day learning about .dll s! I finally found the copy of my missing one: js3250.dll. It belongs in Windows.

I found 2 different instructions of how to install.

1) said to go to Run and type in regsvr32js3250.dll and press OK.
Well, it says "cannot find ............... and to check for typos.

2) one said to copy it into Windows/System32/ then go to RUN. But I have no clue how to copy into that file path. I'm a computer dummy!

I did go and found the "system" folder and copied and pasted it there, but what do I do now?

Please help?

Alias775 :D

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, it has been so long since I have posted here I may have forgotten the BB code.
I would like to ask first, was this a compressed (zipped) file? If so did you unzip it?
Where did you put the file? It needs to be in the c:\WINDOWS\system32 folder.
Then;
Click on the Start button, then click the Run... option
In the "Open" line, type the following (without quotes) "regsvr32 filename.dll" (replace filename.dll with the actual filename of the file you downloaded), then click the "OK" button.

Please pay attention to the spaces, they are important.

Alias775

Alias775

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
[font="Georgia"][/fontHi, thanks for the instructions.

I copied and pasted the .dll to the "System32" folder and then went to RUN and did all you said (that matches exactly what I had written down earlier).

But I STILL am being told "can't find regsvr32js3250.dll" and it says to check for typing errors, etc. I do, I double and triple check every letter before pushing OK.

I know what's happened. I found myself in a huge list of folders I'd never known or seen like this on my computer the other day. It had years old folders in it! So, I carefully deleted the serious old folders hoping to get some more space on my computer.

But, I was deleting one folder and happened to glance up and found it was in the Windows SubDirectory! I got out of there fast, but eveidently not fast enough.

Can you give me any other instructions? Did I get it into System32 folder right?

Thanks for your help! Alias775]

Edited by Alias775, 28 September 2010 - 09:22 PM.

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Have you tried to do a "system restore" to a time before you deleted these folders?
I am wondering if you are putting a space in between regsvr32 and js3250.dll

Alias775

Alias775

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi again! No I've been very careful not to leave spaces or anything like that.

But HOW AWESOME! You say maybe there is a "system restore"! I'm going immediately to the "help" section and search for how to do it!

That's a fantastic thing is I can do it!

Alias775 :D

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Click on the start button.
Select All programs
Select accesories
Select system tools
Select system restore
Select a restore date to before you deleted the folders

Oh, you where supposed to put a space in between regsvr32 and js3250.dll.
If the system restore does not work try that.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Moving the following from a new topic to this one since it is about the same issue.

Hello you great guys!

For the past 48 hours you've been guiding me in installing a missing .dll.

I ran a "system restore" and got no help or change.

I did copy and paste the file to the system32 folder. When I wanted to open it and look, it said I couldn't it contained too much technical knowledge, etc.

Then,I clicked RUN and entered "regsvr32 js3250.dll"

Then I went to see if I could open my html writer because thats where my problem is.

It came back with a NEW ERROR problem now! It says "entry point port35_HoldPrincipals" is not in "libraryjs3250.dll"

GEEZ! What is my problem now?

Thanks for any help! Alias775 :D

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Welcome back, hfcg. I knew it's you by the cat picture, a sensitive point since I lost my dearest cat a month ago.

I hope you don't mind me trying to help: If Alias 775 have XP installation CD then, I think, a good option would be to run the System File Checker. To do this: place the CD in the drive and click Exit when windows option show up. Click Start, click Run and in the dialog box type sfc /scannow (note the space before /). Press Enter and let the process run to the end, at which the dialog box just disappear.