Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

In Your Opinion...

• Please log in to reply

Martyn*

Martyn*

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Will you take a look at my first attempt at building my Home Page (see attachment), and let me know what you think about the layout, etc.

I used Notepad++ with this, including Microsoft Paint to edit the container image.

What could be improved? What do you think of the colour scheme?

Thanks.

(I've scanned the file for viruses and it is clear.)

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the red text in the header gets washed out pretty quickly by the busy image. you can read it but it's kind of annoying

also, as a general design rule of thumb, even if you're talking about egypt, you should never use papyrus (the font) for anything......ever....at all

Martyn*

Martyn*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

the red text in the header gets washed out pretty quickly by the busy image. you can read it but it's kind of annoying

also, as a general design rule of thumb, even if you're talking about egypt, you should never use papyrus (the font) for anything......ever....at all

I might change the colour/color of that red text, but I've tried just about every other colour/color. I don't want to use black though.

What's wrong with Papyrus font?

Martyn*

Martyn*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

I might change the colour/color of that red text, but I've tried just about every other colour/color. I don't want to use black though.

What's wrong with Papyrus font?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you could use the red text, if it wasn't directly in front of that busy image, or if it was on top of something else that's over the image that doesn't clash.

basically you shouldn't have text directly over a busy patern like that, no matter what color. it's distracting

papyrus is basically the second most hated typeface on the internet (after comic sans)

Martyn*

Martyn*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

you could use the red text, if it wasn't directly in front of that busy image, or if it was on top of something else that's over the image that doesn't clash.

basically you shouldn't have text directly over a busy patern like that, no matter what color. it's distracting

papyrus is basically the second most hated typeface on the internet (after comic sans)

Have a look now. See attachment.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.JPG

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that's considerably better, though, it can still get a little difficult to read the second line of text because of the backround...it's easier than the first try though

the observationist

the observationist

• Pip
  • 5 posts
mind if i get a copy of your source code/images so i can take a deeper look at it?