Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows 7 freezes on internet videos

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Looking for the last couple of errors it shows.

Advertisements

trosco

trosco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
is this correct?

Attached Thumbnails

• errors.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah it looks like your OS is having issues and I still think the fluctuations in your +12 volt rail is causing the problem.
Do you have another PSU you can trade out and try?

trosco

trosco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I got another PC, with Pentium IV, so if necessary I can do that. But I need to give my PC guy a call, because of the warranty (he's authorised)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

But I need to give my PC guy a call, because of the warranty (he's authorised)

I agree as you don't want to void your warranty. You may want to ask him to check the voltages on the PSU as it should be covered under warranty also. Better to replace it now then have it burn out and possibly take other components when it does.

trosco

trosco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
First of all, happy new year!
Well I got my pc back today, after quite a long time. I told the company about the voltage issue, but they said it was all-right. Also they put the pc through all the tests they usually do, and no flaws were detected. The guy who sold it to me took it to his home (i know him) to check it out by himself, and said it was a problem with the OS, it conflicted with some action. I'm thinking of switching to vista, is there some way to downgrade and keep my files and installed programs? Or should we try something else?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The system came preinstalled with Win7 64 bit correct?
If so the installation of Vista would require the hd be formatted. You can backup the data but all programs would have to be reinstalled.
Did either the shop or your friend go online and try online videos and if so what were the results?
If everything worked there then it's not a OS problem but most likely your IS and internet connection problem.
If they did then yes it could be a OS problem or a browser issue.