Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Wanting to build a new computer~need help

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Okay, as the tittle says, I want to build a computer. But the thing is I am no good at actually getting parts and prices etc.

I am not 100% sure if this is the right place to request recommended parts or not.

I also don't have a ton of money.

So what I would like is a computer that can run most games at least on medium, for as CHEAP as possible, and that will last a bit.

I already have a case, and 3 gigs of ddr2 ram, also a cheap $55 video card (but want to upgrade that)

also, if you link me to a place to buy them, make sure they deliver to Canada.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also please note I do not only game, I surf the web watch videos etc also.

Edited by kannibleklown, 29 September 2010 - 05:57 PM.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts
These should help you get started:

TomsHardware.com > System Builder Marathon, Sept. 2010: Value Compared

TomsHardware.com > Part 1: Building A Balanced Gaming PC

• Pip
  • 3 posts