Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP computer crashes with BSOD

• Please log in to reply

Raiman

Raiman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
sometimes my copmuter crashes and i have a BSOD saying its dumping virtual memory.
i looked through some posts here and ran WhoCrashed on my computer (Windows XP service pack 2)
and i got this analysis but i dont know what to do further:

Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 6/19/2010 12:00:32 your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: nv4_disp.dll
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xE0000001, 0xB8458925, 0xB204185C, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini061910-01.dmp
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\nv4_disp.dll
product: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 258.96
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 258.96

On Fri 10/16/2009 16:11:53 your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: unknown_image
Bugcheck code: 0xC5 (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0x8054A10D)
Error: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
Dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini101609-01.dmp

On Fri 8/7/2009 21:08:33 your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: unknown_image
Bugcheck code: 0xC5 (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0x8054A10D)
Error: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
Dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini080709-01.dmp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is really responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

any suggestions? thanks!

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Open device manager and expand Display Adapters. Right-click the driver and uninstall it. Reboot and let windows load the driver again.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
In addition to the advice given by The Skeptic update to XP SP3 a.s.a.p for the following reasons;
Microsoft stopped releasing security updates, hotfixes and other updates for Windows XP SP2 on July 13th 2010
Be patient and be prepared for it to take some time getting your system up to date, SP3 addresses a lot of various issues and yours may be one of them.