Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes

• Please log in to reply

Mitesh

Mitesh

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
I downloaded iTunes as I wanted to see if I oculd buy HD movies through iTunes store (I live in the UK) and after installation it started converting my music. It was importing the converting or something. I was like What the... is it doing. So I looked in My Music and it had created a folder and was organising my music in it - only it had songs that were already there in My Music folder. It had already taken up 250MB+ of space so I stopped iTunes (well closed it). Ofc that stopped the conversion processs however I want to know why it is doing that? Can I not use iTunes without having to convert everything? And why is it converting??????? Also I noticed in task manager it uses a [bleep] of ALOT of RAM. I only have 2GB and am running Windows 7 Pro with the excellent RocketDock and no sidebar items and security wise when the PC starts autorun items are avira and zonealarm firewall. My point is without iTunes idiling RAM usage is already about 700MB with iTunes its close to 1GB (900MB+). What a resource hog! My problem with using WMP is that it has no option of refreshing the songs in the library. So I have deleted some songs in My Music but they are still there in WMP and its just annoying. If I tell it to delete that item from the library it does nothing. Any ideas people on these things?

Many Thanks in advance :D

Advertisements

Mitesh

Mitesh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Anyone please?