Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do i defeat/bypass a Keylogger

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

darkchild101

darkchild101

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
How do i get around this problem without necessarily searching for the keylogger and removing it. Just want to continue like all is well

I suspect she is reading my mail

Advertisements

Magnificent Exploding Head

Magnificent Exploding Head

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I don't know why you wouldn't want to remove it. Personally, if I found out that my boyfriend had slipped a keylogger onto my computer, that would be the end of the relationship.
To keep your passwords safe you can try KeePass password manager. It is free, has a password generator function & you enter usernames/passwords into sites by copy & pasting them. Keyloggers can't steal mouse-clicks, & KeePass automatically clears the clipboard after 10 seconds. You can download the portable version here. The portable version can be installed on, & run from, a USB drive for extra security. You can use KeePass to safely change any passwords that have been compromised.

That's the only way that I know of (other than removeing the keylogger) to keep a keylogger from stealing your info.

I also suggest rethinking your relationship. Do you really want to spend (potentially) the rest your life with the kind of person who is paranoid & controlling enough to steal your passwords with a keylogger?
If you are innocent (i.e. you haven't been cheating on her or anything like that) & her suspicions are unjustified, you should consider ending the relationship & finding a better person to share your life with.
If you are guilty of cheating on her (or whatever else she thinks you did that made her put a keylogger on your computer) then I would suggest that you shouldn't be in any relationship until you are capable of being faithful.

Bartez

Bartez

• Pip
  • 8 posts
-

Edited by Bartez, 04 October 2010 - 06:35 PM.
removal of malware advice

Dark Player

Dark Player

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Get back at her.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
You can't defeat it or bypass it, if its on there its working. I would suggest if you want it removed you post a new topic in the Malware forum. We will not help you just get around it, simply because there are legitimate key-loggers that may have been put on by a parent or a boss on a work PC, not saying that the case here, just saying we don't help people just get around things with out knowing a bit more.

darkchild101

darkchild101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanks guys. Its like this, i have been a naughty boy in the past hence the keylogger. Me removing it would suggest i am back to old ways which i am not. However a person is still entitled to little privacy without setting off alarm bells (by removing said logger).

Nowi cant even do uni stuff without her asking me who so and so is even if its genuine uni work we need to do as part of group and such stuff. like i said removing keylogger (she dont know i know its there) would give her cause to think i am up to no good. I am just fed up with innocent people harassed

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok, this is not a relationship advice column so whatever personal stuff is involved, it's not our business.

who owns the computer?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
While we don't condone the use of keyloggers to spy on people, as our site is dedicated to remove spyware, etc., you've already said you don't want to remove it. It sounds like avoiding it is also your way of avoiding a confrontation about it. We're not a relationship advice site, which is really what I think you need, and we also don't provide advice on avoiding detection by programs, since we're a security site. I'm going to close this topic, as I don't feel we can provide you additional help on this subject.