Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Security Essentials

• Please log in to reply

Dougrbi

Dougrbi

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I am running Windows XP pro. I get the pop up MS Security Essentials Alert, I have followed all the removal tools even in safemode, nothing will run, I keep getting the alert again, I have tried the fast attack with rkill, and the startup process with rkill and nothing. Any ideas.

Advertisements

Dougrbi

Dougrbi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I fixed the problem by using a combo of the processes out on the Net. I couldn't get Rkill to run so I followed the instructions to create a boot-up CD with OTL or OCH, (I can't find the instructions again) I then noticed that the alert was not showing anymore so I ran Rkill and it stopped the process. I then downloaded and ran malwarebytes and then ATL cleaner. Malwarebytes found like 6 items in the win32 registry and then ATL found 2 additional items. Sorry I don't have the logs and I closed all my research so I don't have anything. But wanted to let everyone know that some combo of all the advise on bleepingcomputer and on geekstogo does work.