Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to run programs listed in Malware removal guide

• Please log in to reply

Karthule

Karthule

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have used your malware removal guide in the past to great success. After having my nephew over for the week, I now have a more serious issue (I think). I am unable to update almost any programs, Avast, Malwarebyte, Java, Mozzila Firefox, and pretty much all of the programs you suggest in your guides to fight this. I did manage to get Rkill to run, but it found nothing. I did notice a number of folders that shouldn't be were changed to hidden folders on my drive, such as my downloads folder, was marked as hidden and read only? I am not a tech savvy guy realy. I have used PC's for many years but never got to very technical. I will be glad to provide any info you request and ask for some help please.

(edit) I am also having serious issues with video/images loading in my browsers. Photo's will load partialy, some video will run, often it will not, it will allow me to start it, but then just sit there and not play. One other item which may or may not be important, I first noticed all of this when I logged into yahoo mail. I was running the new version, not classic at the time. I got an error that it was unable to display the page and offered a series of fixes. One of the fixes offered was to clear your cookies and cache, I took that option, opening firefox option and selecting the option to remove them all. After that the system has been in terrible shape.

Edited by Karthule, 01 October 2010 - 08:51 AM.

Advertisements