Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

device driver not found: MSCD001

• Please log in to reply

dusty33069

dusty33069

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I reformated my Hard Drive on my Gateway E-4200 600speed w/ 128 ram Now I am trying to install windows XP however when I use my boot disk and selected load CDROM drivers it does not showup I get the following: Device driver not found: 'MSCD001' No valid CDROM device drivers selected. The CDROM is a master connected to its own IDE plug and I have tried switching ide slots. I checked the BIOS it shows the hard drive I set the IDE secondary Master to auto detect and haved set it to CDROM still does not find the IDE CDROM. I downloaded the CDROM drivers that did not work, I have changed the CDROM and also the ribbon cable to the IDE slot. Still having the same problem. NEED HELP! :tazz: Thanks

Edited by dusty33069, 25 May 2005 - 10:03 AM.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Is the cd-rom being detected in BIOS now??

If so, XP is self-booting.. Just make sure the first boot device is set to the cd-rom.. Put the XP cd in and reboot..

From there, just follow the prompts!!

Murray

dusty33069

dusty33069

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
problem is cdrom is not being detected by BIOS, No cd in dos will not read xp cd in cdrom

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Put the cd-rom back on the secondary IDE as master (make sure it is jumpered as such).. Now, boot into BIOS.. In the General CMOS Settings area, it should show everything connected to your IDE connections..

BTW, make sure you have the cable on correctly.. The red stripe on the cable goes to Pin 1 on the cd-rom!!

Murray

dusty33069

dusty33069

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
in BIOS secondary shows none. When I use the boot disk and select 1. Start computer w CD-Rom Support I get the following message: This driver is provided by Oak Tech, Inc. OTI-91X ATAPI CD-ROM device driver, Rev D91XV352 © C0-yright OAk Tech Inc. 1987-1997
Device Name : MSCD001
No Drives found, aborting installation

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Is it connected properly - cable on right??

What about the connection on the motherboard - red stripe to Pin 1??

Murray

dusty33069

dusty33069

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes I even changed the cable and tried both IDE slots

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Then, it would appear the cd-rom is shot.. do you have another you can try??

Murray

dusty33069

dusty33069

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Found PROBLEM never assume CDROMare set as master, I checked and found the IDE CDROM was set as slave, BIOS will not detect IDE hardware as a slave. Everything works. Thanks for your time :tazz: ;)

Solon

Solon

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I like a happy ending :tazz:
Dont you guys ?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Put the cd-rom back on the secondary IDE as master (make sure it is jumpered as such)..  Now, boot into BIOS..  In the General CMOS Settings area, it should show everything connected to your IDE connections..

BTW, make sure you have the cable on correctly..  The red stripe on the cable goes to Pin 1 on the cd-rom!!

Murray

View Post

I thought I TOLD you to check that??? So much for following instructions !!!! :tazz:

Murray

hzno

hzno

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have got a free software for checking and updating driver..it is really working..it is suitable for all platforms..to download http://bfc1c8kjqdvog...tid=DRVCK290611

Edited by hzno, 29 June 2011 - 01:31 AM.