Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Has Mozilla Been Trumped by Chrome?

• Please log in to reply

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
try creating a new profile. a big, bloated profile is usually the cause.

Advertisements

seelisilus

seelisilus

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I don't have a bloated profile. Firefox was running smooth when it slowed down considerably middle of October. I don't know but maybe it has something to do with the trojans and some malwares MBAM found last week. They're still in quarantine though.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
seellsllus with the acknowledgment of infection your problem is most likely the infection to start with. Try the following and see if that will resolve the issue. If not then start a new topic in either the Browser or the OS forum and we can assist you there.

I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

seelisilus

seelisilus

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
thanks rshaffer61. i already posted a topic here last dec 14 but there were no replies. it's ok though, i already got some help. if ever i still have some issues. i'll return to this thread.

seelisilus

seelisilus

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Read somewhere that as of JAN 2010 Internet Explorer is actually more secure than Firefox, Chrome, etc...that Firefox have a greater number of security holes and IE8 does a better job at blocking malwares. But that was 12 months ago.

How do you properly remove Firefox? Just the usual, from Add/Remove Programs? Just finished removing all malwares from my computer yesterday, and I plan on uninstalling and reinstalling it, to see if it works better and loads pages faster like when i first downloaded it.