Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cell ph as modem

• Please log in to reply

jackieluvzrich

jackieluvzrich

• Pip
  • 1 posts

i have a dell inspiron 2650 with no wireless capabilities. i was wondering if there was any way i can use my att lg cu720 shine 2 cell phone as a modem. i do not have a usb cord or any kind of disk. what i do have is a targus bluetooth usb adapter with disk and the proxy settings. is there any possible way to get me connected...

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Assuming you have wireless internet available (through a router or whatever), why not just buy a USB Wireless Adapter to make the laptop wireless?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
They start at $11.99 (USD) with free shipping at Newegg.com:

http://www.newegg.co...pe=&srchInDesc=

Foxxed

Foxxed

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
What the... how old is that phone !?!?

The ONLY phones I'm aware of that can internet share (or be used as a modem) are Windows mobile and Android
I have personal exp.

But I'm with the above of getting a wireless adapter

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

The ONLY phones I'm aware of that can internet share (or be used as a modem) are Windows mobile and Android
I have personal exp.

blackberries and palm can be tethered as well. there are SOME non-smart phones that can be used to share an internet connection but not very many