Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Security Essentials

• Please log in to reply

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Not working at all.

Firstly it won't update manually, however it does update by itself occasionally.

I also ran a scan and discovered a virus, yay, but it won't remove it...

Is it just that this software is rubbish? Shall I go back to AVG?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The software is not rubbish.
Have you clicked on the appropriate Help buttons to find out why it can't update or remove that infection?

tiroshii

tiroshii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Yes it gives no relevant information. I've been informed that the problem may be caused by an infection I have which is currently discussed in the Malware forum.

The term rubbish is subjective. After nearly 10 years using AVG and never having any issues or getting any viruses/infections, changing to MSE has caused nothing but problems involving multiple viruses and infections and a lot more other rubbish coming into my system. Not impressed at all with it from my experiences.