Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to run many exe's due to loss of files.

• Please log in to reply

LoneWolf217

LoneWolf217

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I believe I am still missing files that a virus destroyed. However, I had gotten this virus a few months back, and I have already got it checked that it was fully deleted. I had ran "sfc /scannow" very recently and repaired any missing files it could find. However, many programs are still not able to run ever since I got that virus. These programs that I know of so far is Final Fantasy 14 client and running ContentWatch/NetNanny. Upon running these programs, I receive the message "ffxivboot.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." or "ContentWatch.exe has encountered..." How can I recover any missing files that I lost from the virus so I can run these programs? Is there anything I can do to repair them or do I have to reformat my computer? I would greatly appreciate it if you respond as quickly as possible. Thanks!

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if a later version of Internet Explorer is installed
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
You may still be infected.
Please go to http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/
Amd let the experts there check you out.