Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

malware and adware

• Please log in to reply

bigdogc23

bigdogc23

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have a friend that I was talking to and she asked me to help her fix her computer. She said that the anivirus had expired for about a month so they had no security. She did place a new version of Norton on the system now. But she states that her system is running quit slow now that the Norton is put on there. She is also getting a lot of runtime errors. I told her that with her now having a virus protection on for a month then she could have been infected with Maleware, Adware, or Viruses. She ran a full system scan of her nortan and it came up clean. So I suggested that she download Spybot and another free adware removal program. She did that and told me that after she ran it, the spybot picked up some adware and Trojans. She said she deleted them all. Now she has runtime errors on almost everything. I told her to either go buy some pro software to fix her registry or wipe the whole system and put on a fresh system operating software. She is running Vista. I know that operating system is not the best. What can I tell her to do in order to get it fixed and running properly. Thanks for any input.

Advertisements