Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aarons rental computer help

• Please log in to reply

zeteczx3

zeteczx3

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a computer I purchased from Aarons Rental. When I boot it up before I get to the logon screen it displays a message stating that the computer is subject to a purchase agreement. I want to get rid of this screen, can anyone help me? thank you!

Tony

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Look in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

and delete "LegalNoticeCaption" and "LegalNoticeText".

zeteczx3

zeteczx3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I cant seem to find that path anywhere on this computer. Could you tell me where to look exactly please?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
It's in the Registry. Type regedit in the Start Menu’s Search box, then click Continue at the User Account Control prompt.

zeteczx3

zeteczx3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok I found where your talking about. When i get to the winlogon section I get auto logon checked and gp extensions is either one of these where I need to be?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Try

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\System

zeteczx3

zeteczx3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I delete the two things you told me, I rebooted and the notice still comes up? I really appreciate you taking the time to help me and I would be grateful for any other suggestions you may have.

Tony

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Search the Registry for something you see in the message. (Use a fairly unique string so you don't get too many hits).

If that fails, it may be a .jpg or .bmp image file that is displayed on bootup. That would take some searching through your system's bootup files to see if it could be disabled.

It also could be part of the code in the BIOS. If that's the case, you would need a new (compatible) BIOS, or motherboard. :D

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Does your machine require you to press Control+Alt+Delete to login?