Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Upgrading to Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

Abbi_Jen

Abbi_Jen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I currently have Windows Vista and I'm now just upgrading and/or thinking of buying a new computer. There's so much to choose from at the store and I don't know where to begin so I thought I'd see what people would recommend? The computer would be used mostly for database stuff, excel and Microsoft word, and of course internet use. I'm not looking for top-notch since I haven't a clue about computers but just something affordable and will do the job.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts
What do you consider 'affordable'?

You can get a new nettop running Windows 7 for as low as $329.00 (USD). And it's more than enough for 'database stuff, excel and Microsoft word, and of course internet use'.

http://www.newegg.co...pe=&srchInDesc=