Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleting Primary Partition on Vista

• Please log in to reply

Dark Player

Dark Player

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
So, recently, I got my laptop back, and it had a HP_SCRATCH primary partition when I looked at the computer thing on it. Can I delete it, since I want to dual boot vista, with 7. (My laptop can work with 7). Pictures included. Some things are removed for privacy reasons.

Attached Thumbnails

• sdfdsfsdfdsfsd.jpg
  • Untitled.jpg

Advertisements

rojasjorge98

rojasjorge98

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello Dark Player,

You might want to check what is inside that partition, to make sure that no necessary files will be deleted. Otherwise, you should be able to remove the partition.

Below are the steps for the deletion of a partition.

WARNING This process will remove any and all data located in that partition, and you might want to verify that nothing you want will be deleted.

The steps for this can be found here: Deleting a hard disk parition

Enjoy!

----------
rojasjorge98

If you have reached a solution, we would love to hear so.

Edited by rojasjorge98, 03 October 2010 - 06:24 PM.

Dark Player

Dark Player

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
There is LITERALLY NOTHING INSIDE IT. For some odd reason, it says it is taking up about 6GB in that part.

Here is the inside of HP_SCRATCH. There is nothing. That blank thing on the folders side with no words next to a picture was edited out, because it has my name on it.

Attached Thumbnails

• Inside HP_SCRATCH..jpg

Edited by Dark Player, 03 October 2010 - 10:19 PM.