Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

A kinda awkward problem... Graphical I suspect...

• Please log in to reply

Squiddeh

Squiddeh

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

Something strange has happened with my machine. I was one day inputing information onto a spreadsheet, and BAM! Screen goes, no signal. Since this has happened I have tried changing my RAM, video card, and resetting my CMOS, all with no avail. Spec wise, I do not know much, as im unable to see anything... I know i have a Geforce 6600 video card, and a pentium 4 processor. Sorry i cant give any more details...

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,024 posts
Hi Squiddeh :D
First thing I recommend is try connecting the pc to another screen, a laptop with a vga port will do.
If you still get no display I suggest swapping the psu for a known working one if you can, if you can`t
you would need to remove your psu and get it tested by a Tech who has the appropriate equipment.
You have obviously opened your case up to swap cards and Ram around so can you open the case and get the
MB details, make, model and rev number if it has one, do the same for the psu please.

Squiddeh

Squiddeh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have done so, it was previously connected to a monitor, now it connected to a TV. The PSU has been working for well over 5 years... Motherboard currently installed is a ASUS P4S800D, only information i have is on a driver disk im afraid. PSU is an Eagle DR-B350ATX...

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,024 posts

The PSU has been working for well over 5 years

PSU is an Eagle DR-B350ATX

I suggest you follow the psu recommendations from post #2 see the link below and you will understand why;
http://www.techimo.c...wer-supply.html
Have you got a spare CMOS battery for the MB, if it is the original battery it may have died and this could also cause you issues.

Edit: Below are the system requirements for the Geforce 6600, you will notice that the card requires 350W alone;

Minimum Requirements:

Intel Pentium 4 Prescott class processor or higher (LGA775 processor package) or AMD Sempron/Athlon
Microsoft Windows 2000, XP
A PCI Express compliant Motherboard with a x16 lane bus compliant slot
128MB System RAM (256MB recommended)
350W power supply
50MB of available hard disk space for full installation
CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
VGA or DVI-I compatible monitor

Edited by phillpower2, 04 October 2010 - 09:51 AM.