Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Major Defense Kit how do I remove it

• Please log in to reply

modracer22

modracer22

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi I've got what I think is called major defence kit malware. I've tried everything to remove it. I took my computor to the repair shop and hoped they could take care of it. They called me and said they couldn't do it so they wiped my hard drive clean and did a fresh install. Well I got my computor back only to find out that I couldn't get my sound to work. After further investigation I found that they didn't do a complete reinstall but loaded another version of xp on the same hard drive so now I have xp home and xp professional on the same drive. I'm know computor wiz so I did get the hold version to work one time and thought hey it's fixed but after rebooting the major defence thing came right back on the home version which is what my computor came with. I tried to start my computor in safe mode but my mouse will not work so I can't navigate around my desk top. My question is does anybody know how to get rid of this malware of whatever it is? I'm using the other OS on my computor right now but don't know how to delete the other if I can't remove the malware.
As always thanks for any help.
Skip

Advertisements