Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows won't boot

• Please log in to reply

jack04

jack04

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi! I've got this problem:

Last week, the screen started to blink, some strange lines appeared and everything froze. I had to turn the computer off and on again and everything worked fine. This happened a few times last week.

Now all of a sudden the computer won't start. When I turn on the computer, Windows XP logo with the loading bar shows up. But then (when the blue screen with user accounts should appear) the screen goes blank and some some strange deformations appear (see the attachment).

Only the safe-mode works. Strangely, after I went to safe-mode yesterday to make a copy of the most important files, I restarted the computer and Windows boot successfully and I thought everything was fine. Unfortunately now the blinking screen is back and the Windows do not load.

How can I solve this?

Attached Thumbnails

• a.jpg
  • b.jpg

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
In safe mode with networking try THIS

Edited by rockmilk, 04 October 2010 - 11:31 AM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Windows won't load - blinking screen
You have posted the same problem in Tech Support Guy at 6.58pm 4 Oct.
Help was offered in that forum at 7.58pm to which you have not yet replied.
Working on two forums at the same time is unadvisable, as following one set of advice on one, and another piece of advice on another, does not
always work well.
PLEASE ENSURE that on which ever forum you pursue the matter, the post on the other is not just left open, for people to waste their time with suggestions.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 04 October 2010 - 02:07 PM.

jack04

jack04

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
@rockmilk
The Windows started normally after being logged in safe-mode for 20 minutes and restarted the computer. I'll try chkdsk first and then SFC /scannow, like Macboatmaster advised on the other forum (techguy). I'll let you know how it worked.

@Macboatmaster
We will further discuss it on the other forum. :D

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I also suggested booting to Safe Mode.

This is in my opinion best dealt with on ONE forum. I will withdraw from this one and continue on Tech Support Guy.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 06 October 2010 - 11:10 AM.