Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help? Windows XP RUN Error Message

• Please log in to reply

Alias775

Alias775

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi you wonderful guys!

I have a .dll I'm trying to install. I've copied and pasted it to both the System32 folder found in my C: programs area and also in the just plain C: Windows folder.

Then I went to RUN and entered rgsvr32 js3250.dll. It came back to me and I wrote down what it said: "LoadedLibrary(js3250.ddd) faild. The specified module could not be found".

Does this mean I have a bad copy of the .dll from Windows? Do I need to go get another copy? What should I do?

Thanks so much! Alias775 :D

Edited by Alias775, 04 October 2010 - 02:10 PM.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Where did you obtain the "js3250.dll from and am I correct in thinking you are using Mozilla Firefox.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 04 October 2010 - 05:51 PM.

Alias775

Alias775

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello Boatmaster! Thanks for caring!

No, I accidently deleted some files that were under the subheading of Windows.

Now my html editors won't work at all. They will not give a font or a color.

I am NOT using Mozilla Firefox, I'm just trying desparately to get my html editors to run again.

When I got the missing .dll message, I went to Windows and got a copy of the exact match. That's the one I copied into the system32 folder.

However, I've noticed this .dll is also found within my html editor folder also.

Perhaps I should try using the copy from the file of my html editor?

Thanks! Alias775 :D

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If you have XP installation CD place it in the CD drive and when windows shows up click Exit. Click Start and then Run. In the dialog box type sfc /scannow (note the space before /) and press Enter. Now windows will look for missing or corrupt system files and will install them afresh. When the process ends the dialog box simply disappears.