Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Services will not start automatically and shut off after 15 minutes of

• Please log in to reply

B2K5000

B2K5000

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I turn on my Windows XP every time I have to go to the services option and have to start "DHCP Client, Themes, Windows Audio, and Wireless Zero Configuration". There are other services that either start or don't randomly but I don't notice the effects of their not starting. I have checked all the properties and all of the services are supposed to be starting automatically.

Once I have started these services I have to go to the "advanced settings" of my "Wireless Network Connection" and go to the "wireless network" tab and click the "use windows to configure my wireless network settings" tab. After all of this is done sometimes my computer will be able to connect to my wireless internet, sometimes. When the computer does connect, it takes about 15 to 20 minutes before all of the manually started services suddenly stop again and are not able to be restarted until I log off and back onto my user name.

My guess is that all of this is the cause of some kind of Virus, Spyware, or Malware. I have used many kinds of free removal programs and none find all of the problems. I downloaded a trial version of Spyware Doctor and Adware Pro, both found around 750 problems with my computer but wouldn't fix them unless I brought their very overpriced product.

So, my questions to you are, what is wrong with my computer? how can I fix it for free? and how do I prevent this from happening?

Thank you for your help.

Advertisements