Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lenovo T60 battery issue

• Please log in to reply

shutterbug4it

shutterbug4it

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi,

Hope I am not posting this twice as my previous topic got lost.

Any way,..my T60 battery is shown in the CONTROL PANEL as having a 100% charge but the icon on the bottom of my screen is blinking fast yellow and the Lenovo manual claims it is at a critical 5% or less charge. When I inplug the power cord the laptop shuts off in the blink of an eye indicating no back up power from the bat.

I read an article, not on this site, that the author claims in previous Lenovo models that a fuse might be blown and soldering a new one might be in order. That is beyond my capabilities. Any suggestions as to what I can do? Oh, the charger cord is green but without a second power cord I can't tell if that is the culprit. I could beg, borrow or steal on maybe to test the cord but I think that is not the issue.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Old Guy

Advertisements