Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adobe Professional 7.0 Reactivation

• Please log in to reply

kukuis

kukuis

• Pip
  • 6 posts
After a hard drive was corrupted, I formatted and ghosted an old drive back to it. All seems to be working fine EXCEPT...

When I re-activate my registration which is required when Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0 is opened, it accepts the re-activation, but then about every 5 mins or every time I try to do something with the program, I get the error message "Your computer's configuration appears to have changed since the time this product was activated. To continue using this product, press OK to activate again..."

This same problem occurred when I ghosted this drive the first time a few months ago. At that time, I found a solution that involved changing some registry settings but I have searched for hours and can not find the solution again.

Can someone please help me? (I've lost the installation CD as well but didn't have it a couple months ago either.)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
have you contacted adobe support and explained your issue? if you legally own the software then they'll probably be more than happy to help you get re-activated

kukuis

kukuis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I've lost all of my documentation and can re-activate. The reactivation "request" just keeps coming back. Can someone offer a "registry fix"?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
See post 2 as it still applies to your situation also kukuis