Tidserv Request- How do I fix this!?
Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:40 PM
Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:52 AM
Welcome to Geekstogo.
Assuming your machine is a Vista 32bit OS then do the following. If it is a 64bit Operating System (you should know if it is) then tell me.
Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:
* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
- Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools.
- Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
- As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
- Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.
Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
**Note: Do not mouseclick combo-fix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**
When finished, it will produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:35 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.