Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No input to monitor, keyboard and mouse not working either

• Please log in to reply

AutoshopVW

AutoshopVW

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Help needed please. Dell server Poweredge 1400sc was working fine, no problems. This morning came in and could not access anything from the server. Green light lit where on button is and computer is "running". Screen is black and when I turn on/off the monitor power it states no signal input. The Keyboard is also not lit up. There are no beeps coming from the machine. I can hear the hard drives turning on and the fans are running. I already tried another power cord, another monitor, keyboard and mouse with no results. I tried "looking" for the server from a workstation and it is not even being recognized within the network. Did the motherboard go bad?

Advertisements

dennisK16

dennisK16

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Help needed please. Dell server Poweredge 1400sc was working fine, no problems. This morning came in and could not access anything from the server. Green light lit where on button is and computer is "running". Screen is black and when I turn on/off the monitor power it states no signal input. The Keyboard is also not lit up. There are no beeps coming from the machine. I can hear the hard drives turning on and the fans are running. I already tried another power cord, another monitor, keyboard and mouse with no results. I tried "looking" for the server from a workstation and it is not even being recognized within the network. Did the motherboard go bad?

sounds like your server crashed, have you tried a reboot?

AutoshopVW

AutoshopVW

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have but cannot see what's happening due monitor not receiving a signal. Many years ago we had an issue where it crashed and it gave a series of weird beeps, I'm not getting any beeps this time therefore I was thinking the drives and all were ok. Power button lights up green so I would think the power supply is good. Thanks.

dennisK16

dennisK16

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

I have but cannot see what's happening due monitor not receiving a signal. Many years ago we had an issue where it crashed and it gave a series of weird beeps, I'm not getting any beeps this time therefore I was thinking the drives and all were ok. Power button lights up green so I would think the power supply is good. Thanks.

if it is what you think it is you have to take the power of the system to replace the Mboard!
so what i would do is just try a hard reboot see if it comes back up that way!
if not we have to do some more research :D ;)

Edited by dennisK16, 06 October 2010 - 04:51 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hi AutoshopVW
I suspect the psu has failed, see the attached link http://en.community....t/11892184.aspx
I hope this points you in the right direction and helps you to resolve the issue.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Oh man you are running server 2000!!! So awesome. I have an old beast here with Server 2000 on it as well but I haven't fired it up for a few months (obviously nothing production wise).

So does this server have redundant PSUs?

Either PSU or motherboard comes to mind at this stage. Keep us informed of any progress.