Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Vaio Drivers / unable to identify model?

• Please log in to reply

ucallicome

ucallicome

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: ;)

Please help me I have a sony vaio with no sound. I installed some drivers, but cvant get sound working!!!! Here is my computer specs pease help me get my sound working, i would be eternally greatiful..

Attached Files

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Your model number is : PCV-RS100
Your sound card is a Realtek ALC650

Click on the link below, it will take you straight to the driver download page for your exact model :

http://esupport.sony...teType=Original

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You may be interested in this link as well. It contains all the available downloads for your Vaio, including patches & updates etc :

http://esupport.sony...Type=Everything

ucallicome

ucallicome

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yea, thanks very much. i already went there, another among many is these sony drivers wont instal on my computer b/c they're unable to identify my model (sony vaio)..... So im gonna ask them what these drivers are so i may get them from somewhere.... Now i installed something wrong that my computer doesnt even recongize my (part of the motherboard) sound card, boy its frustraighting.... Any help greatly apprichiated.

mucgh love
joe

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Do you think that your vaio is a different model from the one we identified?
If so, is the model number written on the actual case? (most systems should have it written either on the front or on a label on the back (desktop) or underside (laptop). Also, you may find it listed in the bios.

Failing that, if you want to double check, Sonys website allows you to enter the serial number of the computer & it will determine the correct model for you.