Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HP Pavilion won't boot up!

• Please log in to reply

1tiredmama

1tiredmama

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi - I have an HP Pavilion a1477c
It will not boot completely. It stops at the windows xp welcome screen and kind of just shuts down - no fans running, nothing on screen. The only indication of power is a blue blinking light behind the power button on the front of the tower. When I try to "reboot" using the power button nothing happens and the light continues to blink. If I simply unplug the power from the computer, the light continues to flash. The only way to get the light to quit blinking & to try to reboot again is to unplug the power from the computer and hold the power button for 60-90 seconds. After that, when the power is plugged back in, it tries to reboot again and repeats as described as above.
Any ideas of what the problem is? I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts
Can you boot into safe mode?

1tiredmama

1tiredmama

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
sorry - not very good at this. when you say safe mode, how do I do this? I pushed f10 and it has gone to system recovery...

1tiredmama

1tiredmama

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried again. It appears to have successfully booted up in safe mode.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts
Edit: :) I didnt look at the date this was posted.

Edited by rockmilk, 08 November 2011 - 07:22 PM.