Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant get windows update due to error type 80D' Update is below. An

• Please log in to reply

sibode

sibode

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i am trying to download an automatic update called Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family update.

But keep getting a failed to update message. Code 80D

Any ideas

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts
Hi sibode :D
Try manually downloading and installing it from here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959209

Spirit Wolfe

Spirit Wolfe

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Greetings and Salutations!

If you are looking for newer version of the Microsoft .NET Framework then BYPASS version 3.5 and get .NET 4.0 HERE...

I have stumbled upon .NET 4.0 while looking for something else and I have been using 4.0 since it came to fruition.

I am running a x64 Windows 7 Ultimate system and I have yet to have any errors with it and since it is the latest version I do not install .NET 3.x any more...

Cheers!

Spirit Wolfe :D