Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Free Driver Checker

• Please log in to reply

Dark Player

Dark Player

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I only see Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5550 @1.83GHz,1833Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) in the Processors tab.

But in System Type - It says x64-based PC.

As for the disk, it was a burned copy, which I thought was strange, since they just took 300 bucks off me, and they can't afford a legal copy.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

But in System Type - It says x64-based PC.

Ok it is Vista 64 bit then.

As for the disk, it was a burned copy, which I thought was strange, since they just took 300 bucks off me, and they can't afford a legal copy.

What did they charge you 300 bucks for?
The reason I ask is replacing the hd depending on the size would not be anywhere near that. If all they did was put a NEW hd in then you would be looking at about half that cost.

Dark Player

Dark Player

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Just for the replacing, but the HD is now 500GB, and they also say 115 bucks for servicing, what a RIP-OFF.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well that may answer for your issues right now cause in my experience a burned copy of the OS never works right. There always seems to be a issue like this appear when using them.
Legally you are now in possession of a illegal and\or pirated copy of the OS. Putting it on your system is ok as long as it is the same that was on it originally which it is.
Having the burned copy though is not legal though. As a suggestion I would say ask them to install from a Genuine disk using your key on the bottom of your laptop. That way they are covered and you get a genuine copy on your system. The other option is like i stated above to contact HP for the recovery disks. Then you would have a legal version with everything you need to restore your system back correctly.

Dark Player

Dark Player

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I did use my CDKey for the install, but my techie cuz said it was a, lets leave it at not-so-good CD.

I can't use a Vista CD because in my area, they only sell Windows 7 Disks. Even that, they ran out, and won't get shipments for months. It's a slow life here.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Then contact HP from the link I gave you in post 15
Request the recovery disks for you system. Like i said then you will have them and not have to pay to recover your system again.