Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 x64 & True Crypt v7.0

• Please log in to reply

Spirit Wolfe

Spirit Wolfe

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Greetings and Salutations:

I am new to this Forum Board but not to computers... I look forward on gaining some insight to my issue...

I am an ASUS N90Sv-A2 notebook and just had the memory replaced (last week) not too long ago and I am still receiving BSODs. The error message that is going along is a Kernel In Page Error with a Stop bit value of 7A. You can find my notebook specification here: ASUS N90Sv-A2

I know of a hardware limitation of all total drives on an individual setup for Windows 7 (Ultimate) x64, at least for my notebook, is a total of all eSATA drives not totalling over 1TB. My Asus notebook is running a pair of 250GB hard drives and a single 500MB hard drive. As always the total hard drive FORMATTED NTFS is about 960GB. I also run a 30GB hard drive from time to time, but have not needed it much since I have the external 250GB. ALL of my hard drives that I mainly use (except for the 30 GB drive, which is an EIDE Hitachi 2.5") are SEAGATE hard drives. I ran Sea Tools from the Seagate homepage and I have no Hardware hard drive errors according to the bootable CD of Sea Tools. My computer is under warranty and my memory was just replaced by an authorized dealer. I do not like the fact that they gave me miss-matched memory (the place told me that both memory modules were "Kingston" where if you look at the CPU-Z specs one is clearly marked "Hyundai Electronics", go figure. ;) I am waiting for a pair of 2GB DDR2-6400 Dual Layer Kingston mem-modules in the mail and I will be replacing the Single Layer mem-modules for them when they arrive.

There is a twist, however. Since my notebook is able to run a pair of hard drives from within, I am running three encrypted vaults under Windows 7. Three drives, the 30GB Hitachi, 250GB and 500GB Seagate drives all are encrypted with True Crypt v7.0 (earlier versions will NOT work with 7 x64). I make sure I dismount the hard drives before I have to restart the system and I make sure I have no programs running that are accessing the encrypted drives all the time. These drives are recognized as drives "Y" and "Z", physically, and drives "D" and "F" when I mount and access them through True Crypt. There is nothing wrong with the encrypted vaults that I could tell, anyway.

I had my memory replaced because I was getting BSODs with the heading "Bad Pool Errors" with a Stop of x19 (if I remember right) from before, FYI... Hopefully,one BSOD error was not "replaced" by another... :D

I am using this computer fine, other wise....

I am at a loss to figure out why this is happening ... not all the time, mind you, but sporadically...

Any :help:you can give me would be appreciated... Thanks in advance...

Spirit Wolfe

Advertisements