Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

STOP: 0x000000A5 erroro bios not updated

• Please log in to reply

acute18

acute18

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor or visit htt://www.hardware-update.com for an updated BIOS. If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS or the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is not ACPI complnat, you can turn off the ACPI mode during test mode setup. To do this, simply press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers. The system will not notify you that the F7 key was pressed - it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installatiom.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x00000001, 0x86f61ea0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000 )

have tried to conifgure to last known ect any ideas what i can do

Advertisements

acute18

acute18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
i had just installed a new graphics card last week and this has now happened, anyway i can update bios and run on pc

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Last Known good will not work the problem is the graphics card.

What is the make and model of the graphics card please.

and the motherboard

Edited by Macboatmaster, 07 October 2010 - 03:36 PM.

acute18

acute18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
sorry for delay away for weekend

grantsdale fc gigabyte
GA 81915pmd motherboard

and ati radeon model B276 graphics card. hope this is correct.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Here is the link to the Gigabyte site for the bios updates.

http://www.giga-byte...enter.aspx?ck=2
Read carefully as some BIOS have a `safe?` BIOS flash facility which is on the link to the left of the page - How to update BIOS

HOWEVER despite an extensive search I cannot find that motherboard except on a New Zealand website and they rprovide no ino, except to say, no longer sold.

Other searches, suggest that it is a special model marketed not to the public but only to OEM`s such as Packard Bell.

Sorry I cannot help further. Another link to possible BIOS update
http://driversfreedo...915pmd-drivers/

Edited by Macboatmaster, 10 October 2010 - 05:09 PM.

acute18

acute18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
it is a packard bell media edition that was brought 5 yrs ago now. so not sold any more, i shall take a look at what you have said, thank you for you help. will tell you how i get on.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

Other searches, suggest that it is a special model marketed not to the public but only to OEM`s such as Packard Bell.

In that case you should be able to get the BIOS update from Packard Bell, if there is ONE.
Is this graphics card connected AGP or PCIe

HOWEVER nearly all BIOS`s in the last eight years or so are ACPI compliant. Check this
While running XP, check the Device Manager, Computer, and see if it
says Standard PC or some variation of ACPI.If it syas standard PC then you do need to update the BIOS but I am sure it will say ACPI -
So go to setup and under advanced options check for Power option wsith relation to ACPI. If necessary do this: go into the BIOS (usually F2 on the opening Packard Bell screen) and reset the settings using the default option. BUT then check that the graphics card is enabled, and NOT the onboard graphics, if it is so equipped.

Supply the model number of the computer please ie; 1505 or whatever, as Packard Bell require search on model number.
Is it an imedia 1505? etc,

Edited by Macboatmaster, 11 October 2010 - 09:24 AM.

acute18

acute18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
contacted packard bell they cant help apperntly another person said this motherboard was for system builders only so slightly different to other boards!!! still looking at forums, cant do anything with pc, even if i do fid an update how can i run it???

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

While running XP, check the Device Manager, Computer, and see if it
says Standard PC or some variation of ACPI.If it syas standard PC then you do need to update the BIOS but I am sure it will say ACPI -

You have not apparently done as I asked.
I would be amazed if the BIOS is not ACPI complaint.

acute18

acute18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
ok went into f2 then pcipnp all say pci device from irq-3, 4,7,9,10,11,12,14,15 assigned to pci device.

the pc came on as i had taken the graphics card out to view ect, so at least can access it now. the model is packard bell UTOW-Sun windows xp media edition. i did ring them and no help given but another link showed mw this.

http://forums.guru3d...d.php?t=229391.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
So, does it indicate that it is ACPI (Advanced Configuration Power Interface) compliant

Edited by Macboatmaster, 15 October 2010 - 01:23 PM.

acute18

acute18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
not sure really i looked as you said at the bios fields and that is what i found where else would i find the info.

claire

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Start, right click my computer, click properties, click hardware, click device manager, click to expand computer does it now say ACPI or Standard PC

acute18

acute18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
it says ACPI multiprocessor PC

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Go Start, right click My Computer, click Properties, click Hardware tab, click device manager tab, scroll down to the Ati Radeon B276 graphics, double click that and post as a screenshot or typed the exact entry re the driver please ie: driver id, version and date.
A screenshot is when you have that driver details on screen press the Print Screen key. Then start, programs, accessories, paint and on the edit tab, click paste. Then click on the File tab, save as and ensure you save as file type JPEG - not the default save in paint which is Bitmap BMP.
Then attach that to your next post.

did THIS NEW GRAPHICS CARD work OK at first or has it never functioned correctly.