Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avatars and User profile on this site

• Please log in to reply

v.of.t.us

v.of.t.us

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi,
This is weird, maybe it has to do with my browser. I am on a Windows Vista Ultimate system with IE7 as my browser. At the left where the avatar and user info is displayed I get about an 1/8" of the avatar the rest is blank. If I'm on a thread where the responses are short, when I scroll down to the next post, I can see where the Avatar and user info appears as the new post becomes the current page, when I scroll back up it diappears, when I scroll down it reappears. I am able to see avatars on other forums. This is occuring whether I'm signed in or not, so I don't think it has anything to do with my user profile. I scouted around my browser settings and my internet settings, the few things I thought might help didn't, I've returned everything to the previous setting. Does this make sense? Have you seen this before? Can you tell me how to fix it?

Thanks for your help and for listening.
V

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
This is a known issue with this site, and I don't think there's a resolution. This is a direct quote from admin himself in a thread where a staff member reported the same issue:

There are some known issues with IE6, or IE8 in compatibility mode and the GeeksToGo / GeeksToGo Classic skin. The easiest work around is to either use another browser, or use one of the IPB skins (IP.Board or CleanCut).

I know you say you're using IE7, as was the staff member encountering the issue as well. However, try one of the above suggestions and see if that makes a difference. To change your skin, scroll down to the bottom of the main forum page - there's a drop down box next to the language choice that lets you change the skin.

v.of.t.us

v.of.t.us

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

This is a known issue with this site, and I don't think there's a resolution. This is a direct quote from admin himself in a thread where a staff member reported the same issue:

There are some known issues with IE6, or IE8 in compatibility mode and the GeeksToGo / GeeksToGo Classic skin. The easiest work around is to either use another browser, or use one of the IPB skins (IP.Board or CleanCut).

I know you say you're using IE7, as was the staff member encountering the issue as well. However, try one of the above suggestions and see if that makes a difference. To change your skin, scroll down to the bottom of the main forum page - there's a drop down box next to the language choice that lets you change the skin.

Thank you for the quick reply Sari!
That worked! I knew something wasn't right since I was able to see them when at work. There I have XP Pro w/IE7. I did try to search for a solution before posting, but didn't find anything. So, again Thank You!

Can I share an FYI with you (or anyone else reading this for an answer)? When I scolled to the bottom of the main forum page, I didn't have the language choice box, it simply wasn't there - blank, nada, anyway, I had a box with a drop down, in the box it had Geeks To Go, when I selected the drop down and saw the choice for "Clear Cut" I gave it a try and that was it. Hope this helps.

Thanks bunches.
V