Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shut down in 30 seconds.

• Please log in to reply

socasaul

socasaul

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz: Hi,
I am in an IT school right now, and need a fast fix. For my new exercise they fixed my computer so that after I login to windows 2000 I have 30 seconds to find and fix this issue or the PC automatically shuts down. I need help FAST for this one.. Any help out here? I only have 30 seconds to fix this issue before the computer shuts down automatically. I know it has something to do with Group Policy, but I can't figure out how to fix it in 30 seconds or less.. HELP PLEASE! ;)

Edited by socasaul, 25 May 2005 - 12:25 PM.

Advertisements

djgotee

djgotee

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
are you cheating?

socasaul

socasaul

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

are you cheating?

View Post

No Iam using the internet for help. It is legal.. I just can't ask anyone here. Can you help?

djgotee

djgotee

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
is the problem relative to the shutdown process? in other words, did they make the computer shut itself down and you have to find out what they did to make it do this?

socasaul

socasaul

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes.. It is something to do with group policy, but I can't figure out a fix I can do in 30 seconds.

djgotee

djgotee

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Ok, well id have to research also. gerry's on this forum today, perhaps he can pitch in here with his suggestions? he seems at expert level.

socasaul

socasaul

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Send him my way please!
thanks

djgotee

djgotee

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
try going to the windows settings / scripts and see if they put a script there.