Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows drivers

• Please log in to reply

morrallybankrupt

morrallybankrupt

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello all and god i hope there is someone out there who can help me, first off I ama disabled person living on a meger goverment pension, so pay sites for support i can not afford. THE PROBLEM!!! My gateway computer crashed, i tried a system repair with the windows disk, but did not work. After desperation set in i deciced to do a fresh install of Windows , which was fine and loaded ok , however now i do not have any of the drivers i need for sound, video, modem, or anything else i might need drivers for !!! I have tried Gateway and emachine who's sticker in on the back of my laptop, but no help from them!!! Last time i buy from them!!! Anyway does anyone out there know where i can download all the drivers i need to get my laptop back to functionality and restore my sanity!!!! The model # is Gateway MT3707 I am running Windows XP SP2 i believe. Please if anyone out there might be able to help me i would appricate it.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
have you gone to the gateway.com driver download site yet? http://support.gatew...sp?cmpid=topnav if you put in your serial number it should come up with a list of all the original drivers

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
actually, forget that

here they are http://support.gatew...&param=1014372R

morrallybankrupt

morrallybankrupt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have been dealing with gateway for 2 days , the machine was refurbished and although there own web site says that refurbished machines will have a serial # with 17 characters , when i give them the serial # on the machine it dose not work and they tell me the only way to get the drivers again is to pay for support!All i want is for some one to tell me a site i can go to and download the drivers. The link you posted here leads to more crap!! The drivers listed are for vista??? Do you know somewhere else that i can check.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts
Can you post your service tag number? A link explaing http://support.dell....bsd&~mode=popup where to find service tag number.

Edited by rockmilk, 10 October 2010 - 03:26 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Duplicated topic from HERE
I have given you the instructions on exactly what drivers to get and where to get them from.
They are from Gateway and they are for the model 3702 and they are XP drivers.
They will work with your system.

morrallybankrupt

morrallybankrupt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I would like to thank you and everyone else that helped me through my computer problems !! I am back up and running and have all the drivers working .... Thanks to everyone who helped me!! You guys are live savers !

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did the link I gave get you all the drivers?
Sometimes the drivers will work for several models so it's just finding out which ones.
With that being said Congratulations. ;) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :D ;)