Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection Dropping But Not Completly

• Please log in to reply

anubis2

anubis2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I've been trying to figure this out for almost a year now. My internet connection will periodically (about once every 15-45 minutes) drop so low that if I am in between web pages the next page will not load, streaming services will be interrupted, service requiring a dedicated login (such as World of Warcraft, Starcraft II, ToonTown, etc) will kick me off because my connection gets interrupted. I have spoken to Comcast on several occasions to try and resolve this issue. I have replaced all of the splitters in my house, checked to make sure that I am not having any software compatibility issues (a comcast tech rep walked me through turning off all possible interferances with Vista on my main computer, I even shut off all of my internet security options (not for long)) and the disruptions continued. Comcast has advised me that there may be a short in one of my cable lines, is there any way to test this? Any other ideas what may be going on? I'm trying to narrow down the possibilities before I start getting tech reps to come and check out the lines. (where it is a periodic and not constant interruption this would be expensive because they would have to stay long enough to see it, most of the time my internet runs just fine) This is a super annoying problem because it is so infrequent and so quick that it interrupts everything, but doesn't last long enough to be able to get comcast to see it easily. Any advice?

Advertisements