Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

corrupted drive?

• Please log in to reply

seniormrs

seniormrs

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Windows XP Home Edition

How can I find out if my computer has a corrupted drive and how do I fix it? Maybe its not the drive doing the following.

I uninstalled the security software and installed Msft's Security Essentials and both security software found nothing and yet the computer is still doing things it shouldn't like: when I click the "X" icon to close instead of going to the desktop it takes me to a former webpage I was on, the arrow appears instead of the little hand, a web page will scroll on its own sometimes.

Could someone please help me?

Thanks

seniormrs

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts
Sounds to me that you need to look at this http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/ start a new topic there.

seniormrs

seniormrs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
It's going to take me a long while to do this since I have to get cut and paste lessons.

Thank you

beckmancameron

beckmancameron

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
The problem you mentioned is not clear. It sounds you want something and mentioning something unclear..