Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse and Keyboard not working

• Please log in to reply

_-Rs-_

_-Rs-_

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hay guys

Whats up please help me ou with my problem!, Ok first of all please move my post to Hardware if this

Is Hardware issue.

Note:I am using PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard

Problem: When i start my system my Mouse and Keyboard stop working

Solution's Tried:
*Unplug and replug(Didnt work)
*Trying to go into safe mode(Didnt work)
*Trying to enter bios(Didnt work)

So i reseted the bios using cmos battery wich allowed me to enter bios and check everything was ok

But after i exit same problem

So what i did - i removed the keyboard and mouse started working(I am using On-Screen Keyboard now)

I was not sure if this a Hardware or Software issue since mouse works fine untill i plug the keyboard

Any help would be appreciated ^_^

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
So if you have the two of them connected they both do not work but if you connect only the mouse it works.

You entered the BIOS so the keyboard worked at one point but until you started windows, is it only in windows it does not work or even before windows loads too except for that time you were able to enter BIOS.

Have you tried to connect only the keyboard and no mouse to see if it would work by itself like the mouse did by itself.

Have you tried another keyboard.

Have you tried a USB keyboard.

_-Rs-_

_-Rs-_

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
You got it almost right

Keyboard doesn't work even before windows loads, Well that's what i think.

Cause i tried keys like F1, F2, F5, F8 and Del, Non worked i can only enter bios for once when i reset the bios using the cmos battery

I did try to connect only the keyboard but no luck

I did not tried a another keyboard or a USB keyboard

Because i think the keyboard is working but the drivers are corrupted or something

The reason i think that is before this problem came

I had a problem with keyboard like if i press "O" it wood act like Ctrl + O

I thought Ctrl key is pressed i checked but it was OK so i tried to copy a text by pressing "C" guessing

If ctrl key is pressed then it wood copy but it didn't like that all keys where messed up

More Info:
When i reset the BIOS my system ask's me to enter BIOS that time keyboard works

If i skip the enter BIOS part after i reset the BIOS and jest run windows the keyboard works but same old

Problem that messed up keys part and once i enter BIOS and save the settings... Again non work

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
A keyboard does not need drivers until windows loads so if it does not work in BIOS or your boot post (before windows loads) then it is surely not a driver problem.

When you reset your CMOS it works, what do you change or do you change any settings in your BIOS (apart from time and date) before saving your new settings and rebooting.

If you decide to try a USB keyboard make sure that in your BIOS your have the option USB LEGACY SUPPORT enable

_-Rs-_

_-Rs-_

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hay Alzeimer

Thanks for all the help men when you said if i "changed any settings in BIOS" made me wonder

If i missed something in BIOS so i reseated BIOS one last time to check, Then i jest Loaded the default settings, Guess what keyboard's working again.

Well looks like i missed something in bios LOL it was so simple anyway for now it's working fine but it may come back

If it doses then i will let you know thanks for all the help bro.

Really appreciate it

_-Rs-_

_-Rs-_

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Ho God

Problem's back keyboard was working fine and all of a sudden it started acting weird

That old problem messed up keys

Example:
If i press "D" it wood act like i am pressing "'X"

Jest so you know i had this problem jest before mouse and keyboard stoped working

And i had to remove keyboard to use mouse

Using On-Screen Keyboard Again :D