Hi Lord Ashwad
First thing I recommend is you check your system for malware/virus infections.
Follow the self help information at the link below, if after following the guide
you suspect there is still an infection you must start a new topic at the malware
forum and not post any malware information here it is not appropriate.
When you have the all clear from any infection if you are still having the issue
you can return to this thread and someone will help you.
Here are a couple of things that you may want to try if the computer has no malware;
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch http://aumha.org/reg3.htm
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.
If you need to start a new topic at the malware forum you should provide a link to
this thread so that any steps you may have taken can be checked.